Where Did the Summer Go?

You know when you were a kid and you used to sing the song "School's out, school's out...teachers let the monkeys out"? It wasn't until I became an educator that I realized that a teacher most likely originated that song. I'm convinced that teachers enjoy their summers more than students ever could. Now that school is back in session and life is back to full-swing, I'm remembering why I was so glad to "let the monkeys out" in May. Setting the alarm at 6 a.m. is a unpleasant reality I had somehow repressed throughout the summer. The buzzing of the clock now faces me like a firing squad each morning. I'm sure Joe is both annoyed and amuzed by the torturous moan that escapes me each morning as I slap at the alarm in the darkness. Does 6:00 REALLY need to happen TWICE each day? Really? The only bonus to the whole deal is that when school is in session, that means that the school cooks are also in session. I forgot how much I enjoyed my daily dose of sweet iced tea, brewed to perfection. I suppose that's the way life works -- you take the good with the bad and somehow it all works out okay.

Comments

Popular Posts