It's the Holiday Season...

Happy Holidays!!!
Okay, that's not a politically correct greeting meant to squeeze Christ out of Christmas and make followers all the non-Christian religions or atheists feel more comfortable. I just thought I'd simplify my greeting for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I could just say "Merry Christmas" and be fine, forgetting about a "Happy Thanksgiving" greeting. Since we went IMMEDIATLY from Halloween decorations/candy/etc. in stores to Christmas stuff, Thanksgiving gets forgotten in all its triptophan-laden glory. Thanksgiving IS an important holiday. I'm looking forward to turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, unusual casseroles that don't have a memorable name but are tasty nonetheless...all are worthy of celebration. Plus, its a time that we are encouraged to say "thank you" to God for all the blessings He has given us for the year. Thanks for good health; family and friends who love me; a job that uses my skills and pays the bills; a safe, warm house to call home; a wonderful first year of marriage to an amazing husband; and, most importantly, the salvation bought by a savior who loved me despite forgetting to consistently say thank you on all the other 364 days out of the year. So, enjoy the great dinner and the triptophan-induced nap you'll take later that afternoon while watching football...just don't forget the THANKS part of Thanksgiving day.

Comments

Popular Posts