Living in De-Nile?

This weekend my husband and I had the "unfortunate" duty of using a resort rental in Branson that his family was unable to use. We were able to use Joe's Wyndham discount to get the rental and the original plan was for the men in his family to use the rental for a short Miller men's retreat. Plans fell through and we were stuck using the rental. Such a terrible problem. After driving down to Branson, finding the check-in office and receiving directions to our rental, we were astounded by the size of our home-away-from-home. There was a kitchen and laundry closet, full-size dining room table, large sectional pull-out sofa, a separate bedroom with king-size bed and its own TV, plus a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub!

While soaking up the life of luxury at our rental, we decided to take a late-evening adventure to Branson Landing to see if the Ben & Jerry's was still open and to see if maybe, just possibly, my favorite flavor of ice cream would be waiting there for me. Everything else on the Landing was closed and we were about to give up hope when we saw the ice cream shop with several people still inside. And what's even better....several cartons of "Fossil Fuel" ice cream were waiting in the freezer case, just for me! For those of you who don't know about my obsession with Fossil Fuel ice cream, it goes like this. I stumbled across this decadent ice cream flavor several years ago at the grocery store in Springfield. It is a sweet cream ice cream with a hot fudge swirl, chocolate cookie pieces (not Oreos, though) and chocolate fudge candy pieces. The perfect blend of chocolate flavors. Yum! For months I was able to purchase as much Fossil Fuel as my meager budget would allow, until suddenly, it disappeared entirely from Springfield and the surrounding area. In its place? Pistacio Pistacio. Green ice cream with (in my opinion) yucky-tasting nuts in it. No chocolate. No cookie pieces. Since then, I've only induldged in Fossil Fuel on trips to other locations, like our honeymoon trip to Seattle, a visit to Raleigh to see my friend, and a recent trip to San Clemente for a wedding.

While eating ice cream and enjoying the luxurious surroundings of our rental, Joe and I started talking about our upcoming move to Minneapolis. We're about two weeks from his start date at Youthworks and we still don't know when we we're moving, where we're going to live, where I'm going to work, what we'll do with Truman if we don't get to live in a place that allows pets, how we're going to get our stuff to MN, how we'll afford to live there until we both start getting paid, etc. Because there are so many outstanding questions, I think we've both just been living in denial that decisions must be made and plans must be set in motion.....soon. I don't know, but for right now De-Nile tastes a lot like Fossil Fuel ice cream!

Comments

Popular Posts