Our Favorite Places:

Living away from the place you consider home is an adventure, but also causes you to think about things in a new way. For me (Tina) it has caused me to think about my favorite places. For your benefit I will list a few of my favorites here. My favorite:

Beverage -- sweet tea (which is hard to find in Minnesota)
Ice cream flavor -- Ben & Jerry's Fossil Fuel or Imagine Whirled Peace
Chinese restaurant -- China King on Scenic and Republic Road in Springfield, MO
Chinese dish -- China King sweet and sour chicken, Mandarin Inn General Chicken
Mexican restaurant -- Celita Lindo's or Mexican Villa in Springfield, MO
Italian restaurant -- Old Spaghetti Factory in either St. Louis, MO or Minneapolis, MN
Fast food restaurant -- Raising Cane's in Minneapolis, MN or Chick-Fil-A in Springfield, MO
Pizza restaurant -- Arris' Pizza in Springfield, MO
Pizza toppings -- the Hen House at Arris' or Hawaiian style thin crust at Domino's
American Style restaurant -- 63 Diner in Columbia, MO (now closed)
Breakfast restaurant -- Cracker Barrel anywhere
Ice Cream restaurant -- Izzy's Ice Cream in St. Paul, MN or Central Dairy in Jefferson City, MO
BBQ restaurant -- Neely's in Memphis, TN
BBQ sauce -- Famous Dave's Texas Pit BBQ sauce
Steak restaurant -- Kurtz's in Bardstown, KY
Place to be with God -- the beach at Turtle Shores, Belize or Devil's Ice Box in Columbia, MO
Theatre -- Gillioz Theatre in Springfield, MO
Annual event -- Fair Grove Heritage Reunion in Fair Grove, MO
College campus -- Mizzou in Columbia, MO
Neighborhood -- Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis, MN
Place to shop for clothes -- Name Brand Clothing in Springfield, MO
Museum -- City Museum in St. Louis, MO
Soda-Pop -- Pineapple Fanta from Gentle's Cool Spot in Gales Point, Belize
Pie flavor -- Kentucky Pie at McAllister's in Springfield, MO or my mom's raspberry pie
Place to take Truman -- Three Dog Bakery in Springfield, MO
Coffee shop -- Caribou Coffee in Minneapolis, MN
Bagel shop -- Bruegger's Bagels in Minneapolis, MN

I'm sure there are lots more, I just can't think of them right now. I love that there's such a wide variety of favorite places and it makes me appreciate all the places I've lived and the things I've experienced along the way. Without those experiences I wouldn't have discovered some of my favorite things.

Comments

Popular Posts