He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me...

Today a special delivery was made to my office, a lovely arrangement of Gerber daisies in various colors. Joe was celebrating the fact that his Youthworks! summer will be ending in a few short days and he would be returning home to his awaiting bride. He knows Gerber daisies are my favorite, the happiest of all the flowers in my opinion. His gift was thoughtful -- a much needed reminder of his love and affection after a too-long summer of him being far from home. It was one of the many ways he shows me his love through both word and deed.

I don't need the old "he loves me, he loves me not" test of daisies, because I already know Joe loves me without a shadow of a doubt. He loves me when he speaks tender words in my ear at bedtime and when he prays for me. He loves me when he does the dishes so that I don't have to do my least favorite chore. He loves me when he irons my pants when I'm in danger of running late for work and when he makes a special trip to the one grocery store in town that carries my favorite ice cream. He loves me when he mails me love notes because he knows I love getting "real" mail. He loves me when he wipes away my tears, when he laughs at my silly jokes, when he makes yum sounds at my cooking, and when he compliments me in front of his friends. He loves me and I don't ever have to worry about which petal will be the last one on the daisy.

Comments

Popular Posts