Fall into Autumn

The wind is blowing outside my window and I can hear the multi-colored leaves rustling as they fall to the ground. Orange, red, yellow and brown everywhere I look. The neglected parts of my closet are making it out into the sunshine as the cooler temperatures demand long-sleeves, sweaters, tights and boots. Stores are filled with spice scented candles and pumpkins. I find myself tempted to bake pies, carve jack-o-lanterns, and drink hot cocoa. I. Love. Fall. There is something to appreciate with each passing season. I love the warm, long days of summer but I grow weary of its sweaty humidity. Winter is lovely when it brings blankets of white and snow days. However, by the end of February I have cabin fever and my always-dry skin is evidence of winter's long cruelty. Spring is probably my favorite with its green goodness, flowery beauty and increasingly more pleasant days. I love those first warm days of spring when the blahs of winter are finally brought to an end. But for today, fall is the best season of all as I look out at the changing colors while pondering pies and sweaters.

Comments

Popular Posts