Ideas. Daydreams.

Creative juices have been flowing through me all week. I've been a fountain of ideas on all sorts of subjects. I've got one idea for our church's "summer of grand opening" to have summer movies available for all the kids in the neighborhood. We'd turn the church into a movie theatre each Friday and allow families to enjoy a summer outing together. That little gem is a throwback to my own fond memories in childhood. There were a couple of movie theatres in my hometown that offered a summer movie series full of flicks like "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" or "Apple Dumpling Gang". We were too poor (or mom was too frugal) for us to regularly see regularly priced movies, so summer movies felt like a luxury. We would always sneak in our own treats -- sometimes even hamburgers from McDonalds (another rare treat back then). I so enjoyed those days that I want other kids to grow up with those same memories.

Another big idea I have is hosting an art show as a fundraiser. We would invite local school children to create art pieces around the theme of "childhood" and the fundraiser would help our local agency "Children's Haven". Then there are the ideas for family camp, and for a business I want to someday start.

Maybe someday someone will leave a huge pile of cash on my front doorstep to fund my ideas (or at least let me quit my job so I'd have time to carry my ideas into reality).

Comments

Popular Posts