Things I bet you didn't know

Next time I (Tina) play "Two Truths and a Lie" we'll see how many of you read this blog.  Did you know that:
  • I don't have pierced ears. Never have. No piercings at all, actually. Two reasons for this: (1) I develop weird scar tissue called "keloids"; and (2) I'm a certifiable coward.
  • I hate cooked fruit.  I love fresh fruit and I love the idea of fruit pies. Unfortunately something weird happens to the texture of fruit once it is cooked that makes it unpleasant to my mouth. So, if you serve me a fruit pie I'll eat it, but you'll probably see a pile of cooked fruit leftover on the plate when I'm finished. Please don't be offended by this. It's my issue not yours.
  • I am legally blind in one eye. I was born with a cataract (thanks Grandma Smith and Grandma Thomas for passing that gene down) and I've never had surgery to correct it.
  • I have a six inch scar on my scalp.  When I was three years old my mom and I were in a car accident. That was before kids were required to be strapped into car seats until their 13th birthday. Instead of safely sitting in the backseat of our car, I was laying across the front seat with my head on my mom's lap.  Well, I was laying there until someone ran a stopsign and broadsided us and my head plowed into the dash of the car. That's okay, I don't have many ill effects from it other than the scar.  Wait...who are you and what are you doing here? Do I know you?
  • I have been hugged by both Jay Leno and Vince Gill. Don't tell my husband.
  • When I was a kid I wanted to be either an astronaut or a detective. I'm glad I didn't grow up to be either.
  • I've been a lion, a tiger and a bear. Oh my!  I graduated from Missouri State University (bears) and got my master's degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia (tigers). Now I work for Missouri Southern State University (lions).
  • I was born 19 days late (I suspect the due date was wrong, but it's a fun detail to pretend is true)
  • My wedding was the first one ever at the Gillioz Theatre in Springfield, MO.  The theatre was renovated and opened in October of 2006 and my wedding there was in December.
  • I have always planned to adopt my children.  That's been my desire for as long as I can remember.  I could probably give birth to biological children. I don't know. Why bother when there are so many great kids out there who need forever families?
I'm sure there are other little known facts and maybe those will be recorded in some future blog.

Comments

Popular Posts