Some much needed fluff

The last few blog posts have been weighty, heavy topics full of depth. It's time to interject some fluff to lighten things up. So, our topic for today's blog is Tina and Joe's top 10 favorite movies.

Tina's favorites:
10. Dan in Real Life -- a great love story featuring a wonderfully quirky family that I wanted to be adopted into.
9. Sense and Sensibility -- such a classic story and I love, love, love Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant's pairing in this movie.
8. Sixteen Candles -- quirky, kooky 80's movie gold.
7. Two Weeks Notice -- I just love that scene where they're eating and he takes her beets and she takes his garnish. And he gives her his ice. All without having to say anything to each other. They just knew each other's tastes that well. And the RV scene is near and dear to my heart.
6. Dirty Dancing -- I know, I know. My mother would be so disappointed. But every time TBS shows it, I can't resist watching.
5. Notting Hill -- mostly I love the soundtrack, but I also adore the ending in the park.
4. Return to Me -- falling in love to tune of Sinatra music, while eating Irish-Italian food and getting a heart transplant. What more is there to life than that? Plus, Bonnie Hunt is quite possibly the funniest person on earth and she wrote and produced this movie with the help of some of her closest friends.
3. Elizabethtown -- a lovely little love story involving falling in love on the phone and a cross-country road trip (like Joe and me).
2. Rudy -- who isn't inspired by this classic feel-good story? It makes me want to take on the impossible.
1. You've Got Mail -- two words: Meg and Tom. Enough said. Plus the soundtrack is fantastic.

Joe's favorites:

10. Spiderman -- no deep answer, just good superhero action.
9. Dan in Real Life -- classic family tale.
8. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom -- who doesn't want to be Harrison Ford. Be honest with yourself, you want to be him, too. Even some of you ladies.
7. The Matrix -- mainly the religious themes and fun rhetoric.
6. Twister -- the movie, not the game. I love the connection between this film and "The Shining".
5. Lord of the Rings -- classic good vs. evil adventure story. Plus, who doesn't love Hobbits?
4. X-Men -- good old fashion butt kicking.
3. Goonies -- classic childhood adventure. I want to be a Goonie.
2. Braveheart -- because it led me to Jesus. Well, that and the Holy Spirit. The sacrifice theme made me really think about my own life and how worthless it really was.
1. Elizabethtown -- I just love the redemption theme and the layers of relationship that are happening through the whole movie.

Comments

Popular Posts