Friends

A friend loves at all times. "Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's a lord of them. And a friend will not say never and the welcome will not end..." Friends, Romans, countrymen...lend me your ear. What is it, exactly, that makes someone a friend?

I have been blessed with a lifetime of friends. The first friend I remember having was a girl named Leigh and I only saw her about twice a year when she was in town visiting her father. In kindergarten I made friends with Jana and we remained friends until middle school when she decided love for Michael Jackson was her highest priority. Michelle was my BFF (best friend forever) through junior high and beyond. Michelle was joined by another Michelle and a couple of Jennifers in high school. It was the 80's, afterall. Everyone was named Michelle and Jennifer back then.

More recently I have a clique of friends who are closer to me than sisters. They are dear, Godly women who live, laugh, cry, and love one another. Each provides a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, partnership in mischief and companionship in times of fun. I am blessed by them each. They are a gift to me.

Comments

Popular Posts