Springtime for Miller Times

Sunshine. Warmth. Sunbeams streaming through the windows. Robins taking flight. Buds becoming evident on trees. Little sprouts of spring flowers peeking through the soil. Springtime is near. I can feel it, smell it, hear it and see it all around me. The winter has been long and at times it seemed like it would never end. The first snow or two were magical and lovely. A blanket of clean, pure white covering the world made everything seem so new and untainted. But then the thermometer continued to read numbers in the teens and twenties. Goosebumps ruled where warm-fuzzies should have been. Leaving the house felt burdensome as the cold was ready to attack with frigid winds slapping me in the face. Frostbite was a ready weapon that winter wielded whenever I walked outdoors unprepared. My only defenses were bulky layers, warm soups and plenty of hot beverages. But just like Song of Solomon says "Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away...for lo, the winter is past...flowers appear on the earth and the season of singing has come..." I am ready for the season of singing, ready for Springtime to woo me away from winter's chill. I'm ready, Springtime. I'm ready whenever you are!

Comments

Popular Posts