Why short girls date tall men

Have you ever wondered why you tend to see couples where the man is over six feet tall and the woman barely cracks the five foot mark? There is a scientific reason behind it that can be found in most kitchens and closets. It's called "the top shelf".

As a woman who is barely over five feet tall, I struggle to fathom why builders even make top shelves in homes. What's a top shelf even good for? The only purpose a top shelf serves in my house is to give my husband a non-cereal/non-coffee related reason to open the cabinets in our kitchen. "Honey, can you come here and be tall for me?" is a common lament in our house as I see the item I want placed on a shelf that is about six inches beyond my tip-toed reach. I sometimes suspect my husband hides things on the top shelf in our kitchen or closet, things he doesn't want me to know about, like his secret stash of candy bars.

Things that could be on the top shelf in my kitchen:
  • a million dollars
  • Jimmy Hoffa's remains
  • the answers to all of life's great mysteries
  • the cure for cancer
  • a treasure map
  • the lost socks of the world
  • the portal to another, wonderful dimension
  • Amelia Earhart's plane
  • the true identity of Jack the Ripper
  • Bigfoot
  • a giant stash of delicious chocolate that magically makes the eater lose weight
  • my sanity
 If I wasn't so lazy, I might get the step-stool out to discover just what exactly is stored on the top shelf. Until then, I guess I will have to rely on my tall husband to check it for me.

Comments

Popular Posts